Lisa A.G. Smith
Altamonte Springs Divorce Attorney
- Bachelors of Arts, Sociology, 1995)
- President, Georgetown Rowing )
- Association 1994 (Varsity Crew)
- Juris Doctorate with honors, 2000
- Senior Articles Editor of the Florida Law Review
- President, Student American Bar Association
- Florida Supreme Court Legal Intern, Virgil Hawkins Pro Se Clinic Book Award, Legal Drafting Teacher's Assistant, Appellate Advocacy and Legal Drafting
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- 2013 Nominated to Orlando Business Journal’s “40 Under 40.”
- Orlando Business Journal, Nominated for “Women Who Mean Business” award for 2013.
- 2012 selected as one of “The Regions Top Lawyers” by Orlando Home & Leisure Magazine.
- 2011 “One of Orlando’s Top Lawyers” for “Excellence in Family Law” by Orlando Home & Leisure Magazine.
- 2012 “Excellence in Family Law” by Orlando Home & Leisure Magazine
- 2011 Nominated to Orlando Business Journal’s’s“40 Under 40.”
- Orlando Business Journal, Top Family Law Attorneys in Central Florida, 2006
”An attorney must not view their case list as a list of files, but as a list of people with unique issues and needs for which the attorney has been approached for guidance and advocacy.”
Lisa Smith practices exclusively in the realm of Family Law. Lisa has been given the distinction of being AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell through its peer review program. The AV rating is the highest rating awarded by Martindale-Hubbell and reflects an attorney who has reached the height of professional excellence. Lisa has the distinction of being selected by the Orlando Business Journal as a Top Family Attorney in Central Florida and by Orlando Home and Leisure Magazine as “One of Orlando’s Top Lawyers.”
In addition to her practice as an attorney, Lisa is also a certified Guardian Ad Litem.
Lisa is a native resident of Central Florida who graduated from Winter Park High School. After attending Georgetown University where she rowed for the Varsity Crew team, she returned to Florida.
In 2000 Lisa graduated from the University of Florida College of Law with honors where she served as an editor of the Florida Law Review, a teacher’s assistant for Legal Drafting and Appellate Advocacy, and as the President of the Student American Bar Association.
For over ten years, Lisa has represented clients with regard to a myriad of Family Law issues. She regularly lectures regarding family law issues as well as the practice of family law and the developing field of collaborative family law.
Lisa particularly enjoys working with individuals who are invested in a positive co-parenting relationship and who will put their children’s best interests ahead of their own. Lisa strives to empower her clients with an understanding of their legal rights as well as security in the legal process.
Lisa, in an attempt to give her clients as many options as possible to address their legal needs, in trained in the litigation model of dissolution as well as the interdisciplinary collaborative family law model.
Lisa is the mother of three daughters and a parishioner of St. Margaret Mary Catholic Church, where she donates her time to the St. Margaret Mary Parish Attorney Program.
- Yearly to Bi-Yearly lectures regarding the practice of Family Law and the Collaborative Family Law Practice at Barry University College of Law
- Regularly speaks to Chambers of Commerce, women’s groups & law school students on family law issues and methods of resolution.
- Member of Florida Bar Association
- Member of Orange County Bar Association
- Member of Collaborative Family Law Group of Central Florida
- Central Florida Family Law American Inn of Court, 2005 – present
- Georgetown Alumni Admissions Committee
- Woamtec, Altamonte Springs Chapter
- Member of M.O.M.S. (Ministry of Mother’s Sharing)
- St. Margaret Mary Catholic Church
- Chair of St. Margaret Mary Parish Attorney Program
- Member of St. Margaret Mary Catholic School Parent Business Network.